Saturday, December 17, 2011

Go ahead and tell 'em that you heard me on the dirty radio.



Sallie Ford and the Sound Outside

If you're a music lover who also enjoys a bit of time travel, Sallie Ford and the Sound Outside will strike your fancy. Clever lyrical quips, twisty base-lines, and unpredictable vocal inflections make listening to Sallie Ford and the Sound Outside passively interactive and just plain fun. I recommend listening to their album straight through from start to finish. Sallie Ford is original for our time in offering us a kind of "Snoop Dogg inspired" rockabilly hip-hop. Hopefully, we will get a taste of their retro-soul in the NorthEast in 2012, and you can be assured that when I hear they are coming back to Boston, I will most certainly be letting you know.

Lyrics to "I Swear"
When I turn on the radio
It all sounds the same
What have these people done to music
They just don't care anymore
Chorus:
Well, I swear I'll always say the wrong thing
Even if they never play my music on the radio
'Cause I can't help but be a mess
I'll never be like the rest
I couldn't, even if I tried
What is this robot sounding bullshit
They just don't care anymore
Why don't we get rid of all of the people
And we can sell our souls to the man
(Chorus)
Go ahead and tell 'em that you heard me on the dirty radio




ComScore


And if you're not a fan of the 50s, well here's a pretty solid little remix for ya...

Thanks Will

No comments:

Post a Comment